18 Apr 2017

5 Christian Hip-Hop Songs That We Love


Powerful Christian lyrics within powerful tracks and beats. These guys are serious and reach the lost in ways that haven't been done before.


1. Go Hard

Artist: Lecrae (Featuring Tedashii)

Lecrae has been a hip-hop giant in the Christian music industry; and one of my absolute favorites. His lyrics are real and inspire you to turn everything you have over to God.

Theme

Go hard is a track about living a life dedicated to the gospel. It highlights points like the fact that we often focus more on our image than our mission and that there are still many people out there who haven't even heard about the name of Jesus. This offering truly inspires you to dedicate your life to spreading god's word.

Lyrics:

Go Hard or Go Home
Lord Use Me Up
Lord kill me If I don't preach the gospel
I'm still in my 20's- but I'll die if I got to
Already dead- so forget my flesh
I done been crossed over see the full court press
I'm a full court mess if the Lord don't use me
Running from my trials thinkin everythangs groovy
If the Cross don't move me then I don't wanna breath no mo
If I ain't seeing Christ potna I don't wanna see no mo
Rep every day withouth worrying about bruising
I been to china mayne I seen some real persecution
If U didn't know em would ya life look the same
Can they tell you value Jesus by the way you rep his name?
Man what's the point of living if I'm living for myself
Lord empty out my life before I put you on the shelf
So for God I got Hard I don't' wanna die tonight
It's too many people living who ain't heard about my Christ
Go Hard or Go Home
Lord Use Me Up
Went to Asia had to duck and hide-for sharin my faith
They tell me water it down when I get back to states
They say tone the music down you might sell a lot a records
But it's people out here dying and none of em heard the message
Took my wifey on a mission trip - central america
Shared her testimony 40 people stood and stared at her
When she said Jesus shoulda seen it was insane cause 40 out of 40 never heard of Jesus name
Aw mayne we ain't focused on the war we just kickin it
Worried bout our image and our space up on the internet
Take me out the game coach
I don't wanna play no mo
If can't give it all I got and leave it out there on the court
Thank you for the Grace for the will and the desire
Got me
Living for your glory stead of living to retire
But I pray I'll never tire of Going hard for Messiah
I don't need no motivation You the reason I'm inspired.
That what That is baby
That what that mean
That what that mean
Wha-What that mean?
That mean that we, should be out up in ok streets
Not just in houses with our bible's summrizing what we read
Man this ain't deep
Why we ain't doing what we read
It's like we sleep
But sinners sleepwalk when they sleep
So why can't we
The redeemed of the LORD
Act out, what He said
And make a scene for the LORD
Action-cut, say what, like we was the director
But you better get a Grip like movie sets, and get to stepping
I know you done it
Da-done it, da-done-and heard it all
You was going hard for the Lord before you heard this song
But don't play yourself to save ya self
And walk in fear
Scripture's like a mirror
The truth is closer than it appears



2.You Can't Stop me

Artist: Andy Mineo

Andy Mineo is another great Christian Hip-hip artist that produces music just as great as the stuff you hear on commercial radio stations.He is based in new York City.

Theme:

You can't stop me is based on the theme: If God is for us, who can be against us? It addresses the enemy, the world and our own minds that sometimes try to stop us from doing what God wants us to do.

Lyrics:

You can't stop me
Huh, can't stop won't stop, where the brakes at?
I give 'em that bee bop, like take that, take that, take that, take that
I'mma put in work, I'mma do that ASAP
Throw my faith in rap, but they say don't say that huh?
What I'mma turn down for, I feel like Shaq in nine four
Breaking glass in that backboard, or like Kobe in Toronto, huh?
Dropping 81, Yo I drop the 88, Ricky Bobby, shake and bake
Sleeping on us should have stayed awake, huh?
Everybody make mistakes like Vijay trying to say my name
It's Mineo, say it with me, Mineo, okay great
Two forks high, raise the stakes, risk it all, I take the hate
It's the winning team, get the Gatorade
My God good, but he's not safe, nah
They try to shut us down, and it ain't gon' slide
Only thing I fear is God and he on my side
That's the confidence of God, 'cause he got me
That's why I really feel like
That's all you got? Come on with it
That's all you got?
shut me down
(Stop), that's not an option, I'm my biggest problem
(You) don't got the power, (can't) shut me down
(Stop), that's not an option
You're my biggest opponent, you know me I know you we know it
Whenever I fail, you've always been there to simply remind me I've blown it
You don't see when I'm growing, you don't see where I'm going
You only see in the moment, you know my mistakes you never let go it
Huh, don't cease to amaze me, and it drive me crazy, huh
That you catch every detail that I miss in the songs I'm making, saying
You will never write a verse like Kendrick
Never be the rap or rock God from Hendrix
Top 10 alive you will never be mentioned
Why aim so high, won't survive the trenches
Plus, you a Christian Andy, they will never listen Andy
Plus, well your pigment Andy, huh, you don't got skill you a gimmick Andy
Well, if I listen to you, and everything you put in my ear
I'll be living like woulda, shoulda, coulda, I'll be paralyzed by fear
Huh, ain't that the truth, if I quit the only way I lose
I got two choices when I do this, make moves or make excuses
Huh, if you know who I'm talking about, then you got me
My biggest enemy is me and even I can't stop me
They try to shut us down, and it ain't gon' slide
Only thing I fear is God and he on my side
That's the confidence of God, cause he got me
That's why I really feel like
I said if I cannot stop me then you'll never stop me
Oh no, can't stop, oh no, won't stop



3. Dear Mr. Christian

Artist: Derek Minor featuring Dee-1 and Lecrae

Derek Minor is another great Christian music producer. His former stage name was PRo. He co-founded Reflection Music Group, a hip-hop music label.

Theme

This track looks at Christians from the eyes of the lost. The song puts you into the life of people who face various life problems like sexual abuse, growing up with parents that use drugs and alcoholism. The song is meant to show us that people in tough situations want someone to be there for them, more than simply being told what is right or wrong.

Lyrics:

I was nine years old when daddy first touched me
At 15 I ran away and never stopped running
I met a man who took me in 'cuz I was pretty though
He said that you could make some money in my video
I get high and drunk just to make it through a show
And act like I'm enjoying it but really this is all a show
I feel degraded, purity obliterated
This is all I know and I really hate it
Mr. Minor are you listening? I know that you're a Christian
And got computer programs to block me from your vision
And every time you watch me you say that I'm the issue
Your pastor preaching about how not to let me catch you slipping
But maybe I'm a victim, maybe I'm just trapped in the system
And next time you pray maybe I might get a mention (please)
Before you talk about me remember that I'm lost
And your secret pleasure coming at a cost
Dear Mr. Christian, I know you’re on a mission
I know you say the answer to my problem is religion
I know I’m supposed to change the way I live and stop sinning
But I’d appreciate it if you take some time to listen
Dear Mr. Christian
Man I'm on that chronic
Higher than a comet
Sippin' gin and tonic
Drinking till I vomit
Tatted on my arms, tatted on my face
Pants hanging low, nina on my waist
I be slanging soft, plus I got that hard
Die for my hood, ride for my boulevard
I got love for my dogs but never for these girls
It's M.O.E. 'cuz money rule the world
But Mr. Dee-1, I grew up crummy
Saw my pops get killed in front of me
Saw my momma do dope in front of me
Felt like ain't nobody love me
Uniform dirty, dressing bummy
Went to school they called me ugly
Caught the bus they used to jump me
God I just prayed to you Sunday
Now it's Monday, I'm starving
Sip sour milk out of the carton
Talk to myself while I'm out walking should I put myself in a coffin?
I don't know! All I grew up with was trouble
Ain't know no role model, I knew the struggle
Excuse me, I don't quite understand you
Propaganda and banter and all of this empty chatter
And amidst these amens, hallelujahs, and shuckin' jivin'
I see a lot of hypocrites and hyper-criticizing
Mr. Lecrae my momma sold me up the river for some rocks
And daddy told me I was nothing but a problem
Now here you come telling me I'm a low down dirty sinner
And you got the nerve to wonder why I'm in these streets robbin'?
Well go and get batman, and go get back man
I don't need to be judged by you and all of your wack friends
Ain't gluttony a sin? Why you staring at my gin?
Where I'm from we don't pretend
We know we ain't gettin' in
Now the world don't trust me
And these streets done crushed me
Thought you were known for love but you just love to judge me
Truth is, ironically you need me around though
'Cuz otherwise you got nobody else to look down on



4. That Girl

Artist: R-Swift (featuring Psalmizt and Butta P)

R-Swift has dedicated a lot of his life to creating Christian hip-hop music. He has released 5 albums so far.

Theme

A song that promotes a woman after God's own heart, instead of the typical sex symbol we typically hear in songs about desirable woman.

Lyrics:

 Now we aint talkin about your ordinary girl man,
There's something special about this one
You know what I mean
I mean she fly on the outside but,
It's what's on the inside that counts, right?
Let's get it!
That girl don't walk like the rest of them,
She don't step out of line because she's reppin' Him,
Hair and her nails done right,
But she had better look when you look at her life
She's unimpressed by things
Not desperate for a man cuz she bows to a King
Past dudes coming at her on the Ave.
But she's transformed, got dope character to match
She walks it out with such class,
And doesn't put her hope in what she knows won't last,
So you won't catch her bent in the club
Next Morning,
Hung over,
Can't remember the club
And she aint trying the club
And she aint trying to be a diva
But she hope you see a change
Not a frame when you see her
Still fly, but aint gotta be flawless
Some ladies look good
But a Godly women is gorgeous
From her walk to her talk to her hustle, (so cool)
Everything about her so fly (yes you)
Cause sister holds it down,
In and out of town,
There's something about this girl
That girl, you girl,
I see you work,
Your work, uh huh,
Cause sister holds it down
There's something about that girl
She stays on the A game,
Glasses, bags in moderation
She aint a slave to the fashions
But she's still a model of the light,
Following what's right
Not a slave to her passions
Home girl, so thorough
Her steps make it obvious,
She's not of this world.
She don’t chase temporary pleasure
The moment looks good,
But eternity is better.
She has no problem being anonymous,
Knowing that God is glorified through her accomplishments
She stays shining, not hot in it.
Non-stop!
Cuz she knows who she riding with
Shorty from the block but she liberated
Ex-diva
Now she's on that brand new life
So she's proud as sheep
They say, I'm built a little different,
My shine a little brighter
The way my smile glistens,
Means I made it through the fire
And I appreciate all the dudes that paved the way,
Cause iron sharpens iron,
Now I'm sharper on my game
They say behind a good man
Stands a great woman
But I wouldn't be great
If my man wasn't human
He's taught me how to pray,
Be a pillar in my home
Yo, my baby girl is coming
So I gotta let them know,
It's more than being pretty
Dudes noticing your cloths,
It's about a humble heart
Letting God take control,
There's nothing like a women,
Who can walk with pride
A real man gotta hold you down
So hold your head up high!
Let's go!



5. King

Artist: Bizzle (Featuring H.U.R.T.)

Bizzle released a song called "You got some explaining to do", directed towards Jay-Z's negativity towards Jesus and Christianity in his songs. The media hype from that generated a lot of attention for Bizzle. He also founded 'God Over Money Records'.

Theme

Catchy song that glorifies God as the only King.

Lyrics:

I don’t do it like the KING do, yeah
Everybody a king, everybody a god huh? Alright
Tell ‘em they don’t do it like the KING do, KING do
Homey ain’t nobody king you, king you simmer down boy
And get your hands off the crown boy, now boy, believe me
They don’t do it like the KING do, KING do
Homey ain’t nobody king you, king you, simmer down boy
And get your hands off the crown boy, now boy, real talk
Every other day another sucker on a record pushing dirt up on the LORD’S NAME
More money, more cars, get some more chains
This is a sure thing, only way that this will go, rich or poor, shove them in the box like a board game
Fools lottery, if you think all that property gon’ fit up in that box you play way too much Monopoly
We’re just the clay, HE the POTTER, we the pottery
If you remove HIS hands then we in bad shape, fall in it
GOD over money boy, that’s just my philosophy
As long as I am the realest I’m the richest automatically
Game full of lies so they hating on my honesty
But Imma tell the truth till they body me
Killer, killer, killer Mr. Killer, You don’t really want it like you say boy
Everybody wanna bang when it’s their boy
Everybody want an issue till the magazine spray and their centre fold, they don’t want to play boy
Bullets hot dawg pipe down, you talking like you trying to die right now
Truth is if you get shot you gon’ cry loud, and every drop of gangster in your body gon’ dry out
Everybody wanna pop ‘rugers, we love to brag about it like it’s not foolish
They hate us cause we try to put a stop to it, then we love to glorify murder till a cop do it
Never been a shooter, that was never me, never disrespected anybody who respected me
Always kept the cool when I knew we was at the deep, 30 on breeze not gangster that’s hella weak
I know you got a strap boy I’m with it too, but I don’t let it change how I get at you
Y’all like 5-0, started for protection, the problem is y’all become bishop when you get the juice
So you trapping in your video and killing in them songs
If you can’t keep HIS word then them lyrics did you wrong
Cause you sleeping in the ‘burbs, and them visuals is phony
I know everything you rap about, I did it with my homies
Get money out the soil huh? Something like oil right?
That don’t make you loyal bruh, you ain’t even loyal cause you from the hood
But you don’t tell them nothing good, you just sell them poison and the profits move you from the hood
Understood, it takes a KING to make a king, something that a king do
Where’s the dude that made you king? What’s his name? King who?
You send your kid to private school and tell mine’s bad
You wear the colors but you only rap about the gang
YAHWEH’S the KING, and your way it seems to have me of way to hell, in the hallway of screams
Please believe since there’s just only one KING, that can only mean one thing


Please share your favorite Christian hip-hop songs in the comments below! And tell me what you think of the list I have here?

No comments:

Post a Comment