7 May 2017

Introduction to musician Matt Luxx

Hi there!
Saun had asked me to write something about myself, my music and my faith. I hope you understand my bad English. So let me introduce myself to you!

My name is Matt Luxx and I'm a Christian music producer from the Netherlands. I always loved dance music since I was a young boy. It all started when I discovered Andy Hunter. There was a little contest on the Dutch national radio where I won his album 'Exodus'. I played that album many times and I still love it!

A few years later I listened to a lot of trance and progressive music and I dreamed about making this music by myself, but I never took the step to do it until a few years ago. I started with FL Studio to make some music with my brother. Both of us watched some tutorials, made one track and put it online. After that I stopped and after a year I got back to it. Since then I have made a lot of tracks, but most of them were never finished. But the motivation was there keep on going!

My Faith
I always went to church since I was a young boy and it always was fun to go there and meet friends. When I was at a summer meeting with some friends I made the choice to accept Jesus into my heart. In the years after that I was part of a project with an organization called 'Youth United' to spread the Word of Jesus into the city by organizing events, services and helping people. Unfortunately the project was canceled a few years ago. This organization was also the place where I met my lovely wife. After that I got baptized and I wanted to do something new: producing music with a message.

Radio Shows
So I thought about producing music with a message. I thought it would be nice to put in some Bible verses in tracks that I produced.  I got in touch with Roberto Rosso and we did a collaboration together. We used some parts of an online message from Pastor Bill Furler about freedom. We sent it to a Christian radio station here in the Netherlands. They liked it and we did an online radio interview. After that I made a bootleg of 'Owl City - I'm Coming after You' with my good friend Gffry. We send the track to David Thulin and he loved it! It was played a few times in his radio show 'The Reconstruction' and made it to the best tracks of 2015 at the end of the year in his show. Last year I won the remix contest of 'Joel Vaughn - Wide Awake'! Unfortunately this remix isn't released yet, but I hope it will be soon! I hope there are more opportunities in the future to get my music on radio stations.

My music
So I was asked to make a top 5 list of my best tracks. I find it hard to make a top 5 list of tracks that I produced myself, but let's give it a try! Maybe each track is not being the best, but also what I achieved with it.
1. Owl City - I'm Coming After You (Gffry & Matt Luxx Bootleg)
2. Joel Vaughn - Wide Awake (Matt Luxx Remix)
3. Matt Luxx - Jandia Beach
4. Matt Luxx & Roberto Rosso - Living Now
5. KJ-52 - Adventures of a Tweezyman (Matt Luxx Bootleg)

The Future
There are a lot of unfinished projects that I want to finish in the coming months, so keep an eye on my Soundcloud page! Besides making trance, I also want to do some tropical house. The first tropical house track is online now! Also I want to launch a podcast called 'Sunlight Reflections' this year.


Keep in Touch with Me
If you want to keep in touch with me you can follow me on the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment